The Bridge has responded to COVID-19 by restricting services to those considered essential during the pandemic and offering a range of online services and regular communication via email, post and phone to help people stay connected!
Some people who have preferred to isolate during COVID may now find they need support for mental health, to reduce behaviours, for carer respite or because parents are returning to work.
Services currently available (with modified format to ensure safety) are:
- Day Services
- Your Supports
- Support Coordination
- Disability Employment Services
- Youth Jobs Now!
- Supported Employment
To ensure the safety of participants and their carers, staff and volunteers The Bridge has implemented the following measures:
- COVIDsafe plans for each site and service including screening of all who attend
- Risk assessments and specific operating guidelines relevant to each service and site.
- Assessment of maximum room capacity at all sites and regular audits
- On-line and in person training for infection prevention for participants and staff
- Provision of personal protective equipment packs and increased cleaning of all sites, equipment and frequently used surfaces
- A range of Social Stories, offering participants an easy read version of how they can stay safe during the pandemic, use PPE and staying home when unwell and getting tested.
- Avoiding situations in the community where it’s not possible to maintain social distancing
Congratulations to all our participants, staff, carers and families, who have stayed so strong throughout lockdown.
We are very excited to see more of you in person now that restrictions have eased!
Services will be run both online and in person in a COVIDSafe way. Get in touch with your Service Coordinator for more information and to see what options suit you the best.